Post-Natal Body Massage is a therapy for Mothers. It assist them back to their pre-pregnancy form and rejuvenates the abdominal wall muscle and uterus.
This massage is recommended to be done one week after normal delivery and 4 to 6 weeks after C-section. Do check with your doctor first for approval before going for this massage.
The benefits of doing this massage includes:
- Relax tension in the muscle
- Massage will help out in reducing stress
- Ease sore area like lower back, hips, abdomen
- Better well-being and immune system by stimulating the lymph flow
- Increased blood circulation and oxygen to your muscles to get rid of the toxins
- Encourage the release of Endorphins, a kind of hormones which is a natural pain killer.
- Help to speed up the recovery after a C-section. Gentle massage to the area will boost the blood supply and assist with internal healing
- Helps to release oxytocin that triggers the let-down reflex which releases milk from the breast. It will help to open blocked ducts, loosen clumps and hardened area that reduce the risk of mastitis.